Hi there. I hope you’re doing well. Here’s another potpourri of various links for you to check out. Grab a coffee, sit back and find yourself some interesting food-for-thought.
I do the ‘link finding’ so you can enjoy the reading!
1. Faith. According to the late George Michael, it’s something you’ve gotta have. He was right. But what role does faith play in the Christian view of salvation? Does God ‘provide’ salvation and wait to see if anyone wants it? Is faith just a passive receiving of a free gift of God? Is the faith that God asks of us something we ‘do’? This link explores the fact that the Bible teaches that saving faith is in some sense a gift of God. Find it here.
2. Missiologist Mike Frost makes some great points about how many evangelical Christians are driven by fear and dislike of other views (and the people who hold them).
3. Here’s an interesting story about the mental health issues related to abortion.
4. Australian Presbyterian minister and theological lecturer John McClean argues here that we’re living in a “post-post Christian pagan” nation. What do you think?
5. Sexual orientation. We’re told you’re born with it. You’re ‘born that way’. Even if that’s true, does that mean you’re stuck with the orientation you believe you were born with? Recently a judge ruled that it was ‘irrational and illogical’ to think that sexual orientation is something that can never change. Check it here.
6. Christian apologist Akos Balogh responds to an advertisement on our national broadcaster’s children’s channel which promoted and celebrated the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras.
That’s it. I hope your clicking is frequent and fruitful! 🙂