It’s been a while since we posted anything. I thought I’d share a few interesting links that you might want to check out. Grab a cuppa and enjoy some good Christmas ‘food for thought’!
1. In Australia, Christians have a strong sense that we’re losing influence in our culture. That’s because we are. In fact, more people are saying that the proverbial horse has already bolted. Here’s a link with some basic starting points for charting a way forward.
2. Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias was caught up in an apparently ‘sexting scandal’ this year. It was not Ravi who did or said anything inappropriate, but he was the recipient of increasingly personal texts from a couple (particularly the wife) that he tried to minister to. Read about it here.
3. Now that Same-Sex marriage is legal in Australia, some of the real ramifications of this decision are beginning to show themselves. There is an interesting article by Aussie pastor Steve McAlpine over at The Gospel Coalition Australia. During the long and somewhat unpleasant lead-up to the postal vote Australians took on the subject, many were arguing that legalising SSM was going to be a ‘slippery slope’ for our country – that once it was legal, there would be a long train of serious consequences. McAlpine says it’s probably worse than that.
4. Are science and religion incompatible? Many people would say ‘yes’. History says ‘no’. In fact, many of the world’s greatest scientists have not just been generically ‘religious’ – they’ve been Christian Christian clergy! Read all about it.
5. Well-known Presbyterian theologian and pastor R. C. Sproul passed away recently. His extensive body of biblically-faithful resources has been of great benefit to the church (including me!). Here’s some information about his life.
In the coming days, I’ll have a few more Christmassy things for you. Until then, happy clicking!