It’s been a while since we posted anything, so I thought it would be good to hit you with another short list of some interesting links. Check them out . . .
(1) To start with, here’s some disturbing news about the mass jailing of pastors in Vietnam. It’s something that’s definitely worth praying about.
(2) “Love is love” – it’s a catchy little phrase used by advocates of gay marriage to suggest that if two consenting adults love each other and wish to marry, they should be able to. At first glance this sounds pretty fair and reasonable. But you soon realise that “love is love” is really a slippery slope that obliges our society to celebrate all kinds of aberrant relationships – like incestuous ones. Find one such case of this here. (p.s. we don’t endorse all of the content on this link).
(3) At one time in the West, the opinions of conservative Christians were fairly respected, and protected. Not so any more. Presbyterian pastor Tim Keller has some thoughts about that.
(4) Australian-born New Testament scholar Michael F. Bird has some things he wants Christians to know about the Bible. Definitely worth a read.
(5) Another New Testament scholar, Craig Keener, has shared his journey from atheism to Christianity.
(6) Finally, here’s a short post about “why giving thanks gives you an edge.” Who would’ve thunk it?!
May God bless your internet meanderings!