Looking for something to get you thinking? We’ve got you covered.
Here’s another brief sampler of what you can find on the internets:
(1) Anxiety and depression are taking a huge toll on our society. And it’s not just adults feeling it. An increasing number of children are also struggling. Here are some suggestions to combat anxiety in children.
(2) We keep hearing about the demise of Christianity in the West – about how numbers are shrinking all the time. You don’t often hear much about the many conversions to Christianity there are every single day. Here’s one conversion story from an ardent ex-atheist.
(3) David Foster Wallace (1962-2008) was an American novelist, essay writer, and professor of English. In a famous commencement speech delivered in 2005 Wallace spoke on the topics of thinking, self, and life. His speech has some great insight into the human condition. Check it here. Note: language warning.
(4) American scholar Roger Olson asks some serious questions about the meaning of “transgender”.
(5) Is there a tension between Genesis chapter 1 and modern science? Most people today would say ‘yes’. Check out Rory Shiner’s thoughts at the Gospel Coalition blog.
(6) People will say “you can’t believe in Jesus just because the Bible says he’s real”. Really? Actually, most historians today treat the New Testament documents as legitimate sources of historical information. But if you’re looking for confirmation of the historicity of Jesus Christ there is plenty of evidence outside the Bible. Find some here.
(7) Ok. Let’s finish with a link about Donald Trump. That’s right – Donald Trump. Over at Nerdwriter’s Youtube channel you can find a great analysis of how Trump answers questions. It’s pretty interesting!
May God bless your internet travels.